- DO talk to your Doctor regarding your suitability for a coil or implant to be fitted. This can be bu a telephone appointment.
- DO have pre-coil swabs taken by one of our nurses unless specifically advised otherwise by your Doctor.
- DO collect your prescription. The Doctor will do a prescription for you if you are having an implant or Mirena coil fitted. (Your Doctor can arrange for this to go directly to the pharmacy but you must let them know that you wish this).
- DON’T have unprotected sexual intercourse for at least 4 weeks prior to having one of the following:
- Implant insertion
- Implant removal + insertion
- Coil removal (if you are not intending to conceive)
- Coil removal and insertion
If you are unable to abstain from sexual intercourse for at least 4 weeks prior to your procedure make sure you discuss with your Doctor about starting an alternative reliable form of contraception (i.e. the Pill).